The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) – Infantile Spasms: Early Recognition and Treatment
This online course is designed to help primary care and emergency physicians recognize and identify the typical signs and symptoms of infantile spasms. It will also review the most effective therapies for infantile spasms.
- Identify the typical signs and symptoms of infantile spasms in infants
- Recognize the various causes of infantile spasms
- Recognize that infantile spasms can occur in both infants who are developing typically, as well as infants with developmental delay
- Describe how early treatment of infantile spasms improves cognitive and developmental outcomes
- Select effective therapies for infantile spasms, using evidence-based medicine and American Academy of Neurology (AAN) practice guidelines
Course was developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American College of Emergency Physicians, with practice guidelines from American Academy of Neurology – all members of ISAN. This PediaLink course was supported by the Child Neurology Foundation.
Register today. MOC/CME available. $29 for non-AAP members.
Other Information for physicians